The pastry is flaky and the sour cream gives it such a wonderful taste.
Anyway here is my version of a galette adapted from Meals at Home
2 Roma tomatoes sliced into 1/2 cm rounds
60gms grated tasty cheese
2 large eggs
1 tbs chopped thyme
1 shallot minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place flour, butter, and sour cream in the food processor and process until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place flour mix in a bowl, pour water, and lemon juice and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Knead lightly on a floured surface, once it comes together wrap in glad wrap and place in the fridge to rest.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Spread the tomato and zucchini slices over paper towels. This will drain the juice that will come out of them. Pat the tops with paper towel.
- Mix cheeses with thyme, basil, shallot and egg. Season mix with a little salt and pepper if desired. Keep in mind that two of the cheeses already have some salt in them.
- Take pastry out of the fridge and roll it out to a large circle (approx 14 inches)
- Place on a flat baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place cheese mix in the middle of the pastry, and spread out evenly leaving a 4cm edge.
- Start placing the tomato and zucchini on top of the cheese, each slice only slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with freshly cracked salt and pepper.
- Fold the leftover edge of pastry over the cheese zucchini tomato, just to make an edge that will hold in the filling. Make sure that you press this edge onto itself, I found mine was just about to let the fillings spill out.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the egg/cheese is set.
- Serve warm with steamed vegetables.