This pie was inspired by a pumpkin pie recipe I saw last week on Better Home and Gardens and a roasted sweet potato that a work colleague makes.
The pumpkin pie on the telly was made with skim milk, and low fat pastry. None of that here ;)
The roasted sweet potato is mashed with five spice and a strong tasting cheese. Hmmmm yum!!!
I kind of combined these two ideas to make this pie.
Once again, I used the puff pastry from Aldi.
600gms boiled sweet potato
50gms grated Parmesan
1 quarter (to half) of a freshly grated nutmeg
1 sheet of puff pastry
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a gratin dish with baking paper on the bottom and grease the sides.
- Line dish with sheet of puff pastry, cutting off excess.
- Mash sweet potato, and mix with cheese, nutmeg, parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Mix in eggs, then pour onto puff pastry.
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with salad.