1 large eggplant
1 large zucchini
400gms Jap pumpkin
1 large onion chopped finely
3 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons of fresh thyme (finely chopped)
2 tbs vegetable oil
800gm of canned tomatoes (blended)
500gms firm tofu (or 500gms low fat ricotta)
3 tablespoons dry chives
salt & pepper to taste
50gms baby spinach leaves
- Slice the eggplant, zucchini and pumpkin very finely, spread out each vegetable on a baking tray lined with baking paper (to prevent sticking) and brush lightly with olive oil (or spray with cooking spray. Cook on a hot oven until they are tender. Set aside
- Chop onion and garlic finely and saute in the olive oil some vegetable oil. When they are see through and starting to caramelise, add the can of tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, add thyme and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for another 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place tofu, dry chives and salt & pepper into a food process, and blend until it resembles a cream cheese. (if using Ricotta, just blend until the chives are mixed through the cheese)
- Spoon some of the cooked sauce on the bottom of a baking tray and layer with eggplant, followed by some zucchini. Place the whole lot of tofu (or ricotta) on top of the zucchini, flatten it out, and then continue to layer that with pumpkin, followed by spinach leaves. Spoon more sauce on top of the spinach leaves, then place the remainder of the eggplant, and finish off with some more sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salad
3/4 of a butter lettuce
1 fuji apple
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon dijonnaise
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tsp brown sugar
- Tear the lettuce roughly and place in a bowl with the washed spinach.
- Peel the carrot and cut into thin batons.
- Peel apple, remove core, and cut into quarters. Slice each quarter into small pieces.
- Mix dressing, and pour over the lettuce. Mix in other vegetables and walnuts.
- Serve immediately.